College Mews – Subletting Policy & Application
College Mews Newbury Limited (CMNL) on behalf the Freeholder and Right to Manage Company operate a subletting policy at College Mews in order to uphold the terms of the lease.
Leaseholders wishing to sublet their property must do so subject to this policy and must follow the below instructions to obtain a ‘Licence to Sublet’.
You should note at the outset that;
1. The sublease is subject to approval and must include conditions requiring the observance and performance of all the relevant covenants and regulations in the lease.
2. The apartment may not be sublet in part nor possession shared in any way whatsoever. You may not sublet part only of the flat, i.e a room, it must be let as a whole.
3. The parking space or garage may not be underlet nor possession shared separately from the apartment. they must be let together.
4. Subletting to a Professional Serviced Apartment company will be permitted subject to approval. Please note that the Company will be required to notify us each time a new occupant takes residence.
5. Subletting on the basis of a ‘holiday let’ is not permitted. This means letting the property on a short term basis (less than 90 days) such as Airbnb or Booking.com. This is against the terms of the lease and invalidates the insurance. If you let via this method and there is claim for damage/destruction, not only will you be liable for any damage to your property, but for that of others.
Note: Failure to follow these instructions could lead to legal action again you and could void the insurance for the building make you liable for all reinstatement costs.
1. Download and read the subletting policy: Click Here to Download.
2. Complete the Online Application Form
New Sublet Application (Online Application Form)
Extension of existing sublet agreement (Online Application Form)
Click here to download the paper based applications. (£5 surcharge)
3. Pay the Application fee (See below).
4. Upload a copy of the Tenancy Agreement.
5. Chaneys will send you a Licence to Sublet either electronically or by post.
6. Chaneys will issue a copy of this to the Freeholder.
Note: You must apply for a new sublet licence each time you let to a new tenant. You must also register any extension/renewal of an existing tenancy agreement. Charge £25. (See below) The application fee is non-refundable.
Pay Subletting Application Fee