Consent to install new windows or doors at your property will be granted strictly in accordance with the property Lease/Transfer or any other Estate Regulations.
Where the installation may affect the structure of the property (ie replace a window with a door, or create a new window or door) – we may require expert advice from an independent Surveyor and / or Structural Engineer. Where this is the case, we will seek to contact you in this regard within 14 days.
Installing New Windows/Doors
1. All installations must be undertaken by a suitably qualified and accredited contractor registered with independent accreditation bodies FENSA or Certass.
2. The windows and doors must meet all relevant standards for fire safety and efficiency.
3. Any new installation should match closely with the existing style, design and colour.
4. Where scaffolding is required, you will be responsible for any health and safety requirements and you will also need to ensure that all waste materials are removed from site.
5. You should ensure that you have checked with the local planning authority if planning permission is required before undertaking the works.
Where Landlord’s/Management Company’s Consent is granted under the lease, we will send you a Consent Certificate on behalf of them.
We seek to process all applications within 14 days. Please note; Consent is not granted until the Certificate has been provided for and on behalf of the Landlord.
Our Fee Structure
Our fee for dealing with the application is dependant on the nature and extent of the works. The initial application fee is £250+VAT, this includes;
1. Processing the application and dealing with the Landlords/Man Co’s permission.
2. Reviewing and commenting on the supplied plans and technical documents.
3. Visiting site if necessary to check on the works required.
4. Visiting site to confirm works have been completed inline with the consent.
Should further work be needed this will be charged at our Hourly rate of £85+VAT per hour.
Please note that this fee doesn’t include any reasonable fees the Landlord may charge nor any consultant surveyors/ access costs (if required).
Our Application Fee is non-refundable in the event that consent is not granted.
Making an Application
To apply for Consent for Window/Door installation, please click here. You should ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application to avoid delays.